Speeding Up Web Pages
- High priority
- Leverage browser caching
- Low priority
- Serve scaled images
- Inline Small CSS
- Minify HTML
- Minify CSS
- Specify a character set
- Specify a Vary: Accept-Encoding header
- Rules without suggestions
- Avoid CSS @import
- Avoid bad requests
- Combine images into CSS sprites
- Make landing page redirects cacheable
- Minimize redirects
- Minimize request size
- Optimize images
- Optimize the order of styles and scripts
- Prefer asynchronous resources
- Put CSS in the document head
- Remove query strings from static resources
- Serve resources from a consistent URL
- Specify a cache validator
- Specify image dimensions
Match up keywords between your resume and the job description.
Send resumes -- either on paper, electronically, or both -- to an executive at the company one or two levels above the hiring manager for the position you want. Granted, that person is likely to be extremely busy too, so he or she will delegate you to the person one or two steps down -- i.e. the one doing the actual hiring.
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A JOB OR ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A CAREER?
Some hints for you: 1.) Present yourself as a professional. Dress like a pro! 2.) Have a good attitude. 3.) Ask questions about the company. 4.) Research the company before interview. 5.) Have a professional, to the point resume, and cover letter with copies of all of your certifications. 5.) Ask for the job!
RULES FOR TEACHERS
- Teachers each day will fill lamps, clean chimneys.
- Each teacher will bring a bucket of water and a scuttle of coal for the day's session.
- Make your pens carefully. You may whittle nibs to the individual taste of the pupils.
- Men teachers may take one evening each week for courting purposes, or two evenings a week if they go to church regularly.
- After ten hours in school, the teachers may spend the remaining time reading the Bible or other good books.
- Women teachers who marry or engage in seemly conduct will be dismissed.
- Every teacher should lay aside from each pay a goodly sum of his earnings for his benefit during his declining years so that he will not become a burden on society.
- Any teacher who smokes, uses liquor in any form, frequents pool or public halls, or gets shaved in a barber shop will give good reason to suspect his worth, intention, integrity and honesty.
- The teacher who performs his labor faithfully and without fault for five years will be given an increase of twenty-five cents per week in his pay, providing the Board of Education approves.